OSHA’s Top Ten Violations of 2021
Every fall The National Safety Council announces OSHA’s Top 10 Most Commonly Cited Violations of that year. This list was published in October of 2021.
Fall Protection (1926.501) remains at the top of the list for the 11th year in a row, followed by Respiratory Protection (1910.134) and Ladders (1926.1053). Hazard Communication, which spent the last several years at No. 2, moved to the fifth spot on this year’s list.
The Top 10 most frequently cited workplace safety standards for FY 2021 are:
1. Fall Protection – General Requirements (1926.501): 5,271 violations
2. Respiratory Protection (1910.134): 2,521
3. Ladders (1926.1053): 2,018
4. Scaffolding (1926.451): 1,943
5. Hazard Communication (1910.1200): 1,939
6. Lockout/Tagout (1910.147): 1,670
7. Fall Protection – Training Requirements (1926.503): 1,660
8. Personal Protective and Lifesaving Equipment – Eye and Face Protection (1926.102): 1,451
9. Powered Industrial Trucks (1910.178): 1,404
10. Machine Guarding (1910.212): 1,105
Compliance Consultants, Inc. recommends that you use this list to guide you in your decisions regarding safety. If you know your employees are exposed to these kinds of hazards and your programs/processes are not current, please contact us and we can help you.
Contact Us today to set up a free consultation to identify the areas you can improve upon when it comes to keeping your employees safe.